Studies reveal that agricultural waste is an essential resource for developing a broad range of products used as a routine. Many creative and innovative manufacturers have started using this waste to design green solutions, less polluting to our environment. The popularity is increasing with each passing day due to incredible environmental advantages of eco-friendly solutions.
Many research and development centres are also showing active involvement in developing techniques to use agricultural waste in a more efficient manner. Several natural elements can be used to provide natural products. In this case we are going to talk about what wheat straws actually are and the amazing benefits they have.
What are wheat straws actually?
Wheat straw is basically a stalk that remains after harvesting of wheat grains. Usually, these stems are considered as agricultural waste. It is common to see farmers burning these remains in most of the countries, especially Asian countries, but the terrible fact is that it leads to huge environmental pollution and causes potential public health hazards as well.
As forests around the world are suffering a major threat due to the increasing popularity of paper-based products, it is important to find a solid alternative to save them. With wheat straw, we can develop fully natural disposable products, and it is a rapidly renewable source compared to trees.
Benefits of wheat straws:
There are a wide range of benefits associated with wheat straws; few of them are listed below:
- Plastic-free solution.
- They are a sturdy, durable and strong solution without getting soggy.
- Wheat straws can be used in both cold and hot liquids.
- They offer a gluten-free, BPA-free and non-allergic solution.
- You will find them fully compostable via commercial and home-based composting methods.
- After use, wheat straws end up as a nutrient for our own soil.
- They do not contain harmful toxic elements that could otherwise harm human health.
- Reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
- Reducing plastic pollution.
- Additional income for the farmers.
Are you already contributing to a clean environment without single use plastics?
Together towards a plastic-free planet within one generation.